Thursday, July 20, 2006

because you're mine/i walk the line

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time.
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds
Because you're mine,
I walk the line

I find it very, very easy to be true
I find myself alone when each day is through
Yes, I'll admit I'm a fool for you
Because you're mine,
I walk the line

As sure as night is dark and day is light
I keep you on my mind both day and night
And happiness I've known proves that it's right
Because you're mine,
I walk the line

You've got a way to keep me on your side
You give me cause for love that I can't hide
For you I know I'd even try to turn the tide
Because you're mine,
I walk the line

- Johnny Cash's I Walk the Line

i love this song. i love the movie. joaquin phoenix and reese witherspoon were really really good. another ewan mcgregor/nicole kidman. actors who can sing! i never knew joaquin phoenix could sing. he was so good in the movie Gladiator (with russell crowe) that i hated him so much. i have always loved reese, but i thought joaquin deserved the best actor oscar rather than her getting best actress oscar. but she was good too, donning an okay-sounding southern accent and just shining in this movie. she's so pretty. =)

i watched a movie reviewer's preview of Hard Candy with sam. it opens in 2 weeks. ohman the issues brought across in the film were way too disturbing. it is psychologically disturbing. it affects men more than women. i'm not being a sexist. just watch it and you'll understand why i said that. the director is really really good considering this is his debut. he has a brilliant eye for amazing camera angles that tell the story beyond the dialogue. and i like the blur and out-of-focus shots that come into focus (much like nigella lawson's cooking shows on discovery travel and living).

school's been ok. i just finished the time traveler's wife for a 2nd time. yes i teared. i was in school with my fellow attach-ees for i couldn't cry my heart out haha or they may think i'm really strange. it's always henry's letter to clare at the end of the book that gets to me. please try to read the book if you can.

memorising anniversary songs for Bethany's anniversary can be a real challenge. not just the lyrics but the notes too. sadly this time my soprano 1 parts do not consist of just the melody. the youth choir also forms the worship team for one song while our senior choir sings the choir part and we all back up our 2 soloists. 2 choirs, a lot of people, both young and not-so-young, beautiful voices, all singing for the Lord. =)

i'm so so so glad i went for prayer meeting on monday night. 'cos i was struggling with this month's ypg messages on cultivating great faith and how to go about doing that. and prayer meeting just complemented it. and i'm glad i had teacher aileen who answered my queries about God's word, love, wisdom and faith. and i find myself reminding myself about having a gentle and quiet spirit. when people become unreasonable, when people expect me to do ridiculous things which i don't wanna do, when people piss me off, when i get PMS and start to snap at people, when i get menstrual cramps and have no access to camomille tea and still have to go to class, when people fall short of my standards or not meet deadlines, when i don't meet deadlines, when i get the urge to run away. i think about that verse in 1 Peter. i see it when i go to my blog. i'm thankful for the wonderful teachers, pastors that i have.

here's my prayer list, since it was a prayer meeting.

- bethany's 33rd anniversary
- pastor charlie's health
- unrest in middle east (israel/lebanon)
- sam's family
- tsunami victims in indonesia
- great faith

=)

This girl posted at 11:46 PM